Monday, April 30, 2012

Happiness & Peace of Mind are a Choice by Linda Baffa


 
“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years” - Abraham Lincoln
I pulled this quote out of the box of meaningful sayings at The Green Yogi where i taught yesterday.   And when you pull a card out of a box of meaningful sayings, you KNOW the first one you pull is the one you need.  Just like when you ask yourself a question in meditation, the first answer that comes up is the one you need.... I’ve been thinking about this quote a lot since yesterday morning at 8am.  Mostly, it’s simply been a strong reminder to me.  As ever since September 11th, 2001, I pledged to live my life to the fullest, knowing that it could be taken from me at any point in time.  Every day, Every year... I refuse to become complacent or unsatisfied in any area of my life.  And that is why I do yoga and meditation.  My daily practice connects me to create a peaceful and open mind, connected to my inner truth and intuition, so that I can live my best, most joyful life each and every day.  I will absolutely not settle for less.  Happiness and peace of mind are a CHOICE and are cultivated through a CHOICE to honor and practice them.   Don’t ever forget that. 
After I taught that 8am class, I had breakfast with two of lovely yoga friends and one of them said, “you know what’s crazy?  I’ve been having deja vu all the time lately.  Why do you think that is?”  I said... I think it’s because you are living the life you manifested.  You are living the life you want to live and the one that you have created for yourself.  Dreams and thoughts are so powerful that when you imagine yourself doing the things you want to do and living the life you want to live, they ACTUALLY happen.  So, dream the life you want to live.  Even if that dream is as simple as to just be happy.  See yourself smiling.  See yourself in situations that bring you joy and fulfillment.  And when you die, there will be no fear and no regret.  You will simply leave this world peacefully knowing you LIVED your life - the one you wanted to live. :)

Linda Baffa

Yoga Nani Owner | Certified Yoga Teacher 500Ryt| El Segundo, CA
.

No comments:

Post a Comment